Our sister-parish relationship with the parish of Cavaillon and its many rural chapels began about 25 years ago, under the leadership of Father Tuck Grinnell. Now Cavaillon has been divided into four parishes: Cavaillon, Gros Marin, Sudre, and Boileau. Though political turmoil was experienced with the recent elections, earthquakes, hurricanes, and deepening economic woes, our relationship with our brothers and sisters in Haiti remains strong. We look forward to continuing and strengthening those ties.
Through the generosity of many St. Charles parishioners and their families and friends, our mission is to:
Help educate and feed over 800 students in six schools (Boileau, Berrette, Flamands, Tete Source, Roche-Delmas, Sudre). We work with St. Anthony in Falls Church and St. Thomas-á-Becket in Reston to sponsor students for two more schools (Gros Marin, Bercy).
- Support development of an agricultural cooperative (KAMAK) in its current and future projects.
- Modernization of agriculture through purchase of a tractor with matching funds from CRS.
- Animal projects.
- Nutrition program for school children, in cooperation with school directors and families.
- Construction and maintenance of a cassaverie with funding from the Kellogg Foundation and individual donations.
- Support Health projects by encouraging clinics to become affiliated with the Health system in Haiti and get professional staff and provide supplies.
Report to the Parish — April 2012
- Tuition for 806 Godchildren: $80,600
- Lunch Program: $38,100
- Other Funds: $55
- Alternative Gift Fair (December 2011) raised $2,744
- Economic Development Donation (February 2012): $20,000
- Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Matching Grant: $10,000
- TOTAL RAISED: $151,499!!!
- 14 cartons of school and health supplies donated by parishioners and packed by St. Charles School students were sent to Haiti through the Pairsh Twinning program in April 2012.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR GENEROSITY!
Want to HELP???
- Become a member of the St. Charles Haiti Committee
- Become a Godparent and/or give money to the Lunch program for the 2012-2013 school year.
- Purchase goats or chickens to provide for our Haitian neighbors.
- Purchase Haitian coffee.
- Purchase home-made Haitian cards.
- Donate money to purchase school supplies for the schools or pay for shipping of supplies.
- Donate money to support the KAMAK Food Cooperative in the Cavaillon area (ask the Committe for specific projects)
Thank You for Your Support!
Haiti Committee chair: Caroline Young (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Subcommittees and contacts
Godparents: Lynnette LeMat (email@example.com)
Health: Pat Newman (AMRGC@aol.com)
Economic Development: Richard Young (firstname.lastname@example.org)
25th Anniversary: Meg Gilroy (email@example.com)
Treasurer: Paul Young (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Fundraising Coordinator: Angela Klosek (email@example.com)
Recent Development & Upcoming Events
Report from Godparents’ campaign 2011-2012
Report from committee members’ visit to Haiti, February 2012
Shipping supplies (school, health) to Cavaillon and Gros Marin
Letter to Godparents May 2012
Wine and Chocolate Fundraiser One More Page May 2012
Fathers Lampy, Voicy, and Dutel visit to St. Charles July 2012
Upcoming Godparents’ Campaign Summer 2012